Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

CA config warning in error log

Level 1

I am frequently getting the below warnings in my error log whenever I access any page. Anyone know how to fix this.

I am using AEM 6.3 with SP2 and using editable templates for pages.

02.04.2019 16:24:03.577 *WARN* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1554218643572] GET /content/site/en/test.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.caconfig.resource.impl.def.DefaultConfigurationResourceResolvingStrategy Ignoring reference to /conf/site/settings from /conf/site/settings - Probably misconfigured as it ends with '/settings'

10 Replies

Level 10

Are you seeing any strange behaviour in your page when you open it?

Level 1

Hi Donald,

We are seeing similar logs and a blank screen for 2 seconds before actual page load..any clue?

Thank you,

Saikrishna

Employee Advisor

Setup a DEBUG logger on "org.apache.sling.caconfig.resource" to get more info on this error.

Level 1

Its having the same error, however there is one more warning which I've noticed after moving to a dedicated logger

03.04.2019 09:36:14.732 *WARN* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1554280574599] GET /content/site/en/test.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.caconfig.resource.impl.def.DefaultConfigurationResourceResolvingStrategy Ignoring reference to /conf/site/settings from /conf/site/settings - Probably misconfigured as it ends with '/settings'

03.04.2019 09:36:15.287 *WARN* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1554280575279] GET /conf/site/settings/wcm/templates/content-page/policies/_jcr_content.1326118631670.json HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.caconfig.resource.impl.def.DefaultConfigurationResourceResolvingStrategy Ignoring reference to /conf/site/settings from /conf/site/settings - Probably misconfigured as it ends with '/settings'

Employee Advisor

Looks like something is wrong at "/conf/site/settings/wcm/templates/content-page/policies/_jcr_content.1326118631670.json ". Try to remove this policy node and recreate it.

Level 2

That is most likely a red herring; a false lead. It is just likely another instance of the same error. I say this from 3-4 years experience in living with this error on just about every GET request that has anything to do with the editable templates. It is still happening in 6.5.3 too. 

Same error (pointing to same settings path) will present on non-template items too, such as:

• /libs/wcm/core/content/pageinfo.json
  • /content/versionhistory.thumb.48.48.png
  • /favicon.ico
  • /etc/tags/marketing.infinity.json

If I ever find out the fix, you will likely hear me yell from the highest mountain top, but I'll also paste it here.

Level 2

So, any workaround or fix for this message?

Level 2

Ok, so I found that apparently is an expected log entry, and so the alert was downgraded from warn to debug in August 2019. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-8637