Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Bundle not starting - CQ5

Level 2

The status of the bundle in felix console reads as installed. If I try to start it, it wont. I see an error in red when I expand the bundle. I have other bundles started and running without issues. I use maven to build and deploy. Appreciate your help!

org.osgi.framework,version=[1.7,2) -- Cannot be resolved

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Good question -- if you open the bundle (that was produced via Maven) in a ZIP tool (I use WinRAR) - you can get to the Manifest file. See here:

[img]BundleZip.png[/img]

Remove the version number that you see in the MF file and then redeploy the bundle. Version numbers interfere with successful deployments sometimes. Let CQ figure it out. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

There are different ways to manage version numbers when using Maven. We recommend not specifying versions becasue like i mentioned -- they interfere. See: 

https://weblogs.java.net/blog/johnsmart/archive/2010/08/18/managing-version-numbers-maven-maven-vers...

Also -- here is another tip -- you can always see what dependences are available in CQ by using the Dependency Finder. 

[img]DF.png[/img]

HTH,

Level 10

This means that you are missing a dependency in the OSGi service container. Is the only red package that shows up when you open you bundle in the Felix OSGi view? 

Level 10

Actually - in your bundle Manifest- get rid of the version number.

Level 2

I do not see a version number in my POM.xml's here. Do you know what artifact that I have to look up?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Good question -- if you open the bundle (that was produced via Maven) in a ZIP tool (I use WinRAR) - you can get to the Manifest file. See here:

[img]BundleZip.png[/img]

Remove the version number that you see in the MF file and then redeploy the bundle. Version numbers interfere with successful deployments sometimes. Let CQ figure it out.