Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

JS Error - getEditableFromDOM is not defined

Level 1

Hi All,

Content pages are no longer editable and the side-kick is empty.

Looking at the console I can see the error is raised on line 1241 of EditBase.js:

this.parentEditable = CQ.WCM.getEditableFromDOM(this.element.dom.parentNode);

where getEditableFromDOM is not defined..

Adobe CQ5 (5.5.0)

Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

If you work in crxde, by mistake there may be some node deleted accidentally or file modified. You might not be aware of these changes  unless you experience these issues.

I have faced these problems quite number of times. I would create separate instance of cq5 running on different port in my local and try to see whether that instance has same issue.

Most of the time there won't be any issues in new environment unless you keep adding your project specific code.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 9

If you overlaid EditBase.js in /apps, please remove it and try again.

Correct answer by
Level 9

If you work in crxde, by mistake there may be some node deleted accidentally or file modified. You might not be aware of these changes  unless you experience these issues.

I have faced these problems quite number of times. I would create separate instance of cq5 running on different port in my local and try to see whether that instance has same issue.

Most of the time there won't be any issues in new environment unless you keep adding your project specific code.

Level 10

Did your system all of a sudden stop working? Or was it after someone added a package or some code that may have caused this behavior.

CQ sidekick should not be empty on pages in author where is was once populated. Sounds like something caused a corruption somewhere or clash in your JS files.