Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Best way to check size of the children/has children node of the responsive grid 'root' node

Level 3

Hi Community,

I am looking for standard/easy way to find the size of the first level children of the root responsive grid node. I understand that we can do it in jave/javascript code with list-children and find the size.

Is there any simple way in HTL itself to find that root node has children or not. if possible with size also.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@srikanthg212933 Below code should give you the number of child nodes in the immediate parent of your current node

<sly data-sly-test="${currentNode.parent.hasNodes}">
Size is - ${currentNode.parent.nodes.size}
</sly>

, assuming your current component is inside the responsive grid node , the above code will get the number of nodes under the responsive grid

For eg : In my case I have 7 nodes under the responsive grid 

resp-grid.JPG

And the above code outputs me Size is - 7

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@srikanthg212933 Below code should give you the number of child nodes in the immediate parent of your current node

<sly data-sly-test="${currentNode.parent.hasNodes}">
Size is - ${currentNode.parent.nodes.size}
</sly>

, assuming your current component is inside the responsive grid node , the above code will get the number of nodes under the responsive grid

For eg : In my case I have 7 nodes under the responsive grid 

resp-grid.JPG

And the above code outputs me Size is - 7

Level 3

Thanks for the reply. I am looking for similar size function for the child root node. I have responsive grid inside a component in our case. Any similar support we have for navigating to child node from currentNode object.

Community Advisor

There is no getChild() method in https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/spec/jsr170/javadocs/jcr-2.0/javax/jcr/Node.html , instead we have getNodes() which will return the child nodes of the current node. So you have to do something like 

<sly data-sly-test="${currentNode.hasNodes}">
Size is - ${currentNode.nodes.size}
</sly>