Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.

Assets API Update Rendition Mime Type

Level 3

We migrated our assets from another system. Some file extension are not formatted correctly, like "filename.jpg (1)". AEM couldn't figured out mime type, so DAM Update Asset workflow couldn't generate renditions.

I tried to add mime type manually via Assets API but I'm getting "Forbidden" error. Any ideas?

Spoiler
PUT /api/assets/myfolder/myAsset.png/renditions/original -H"Content-Type: application/json" -d '{"properties":{"jcr:mimeType":"image/jpeg"}}'

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @btaymaz 

You can try in the below way:

1. Use the PUT request with the asset URL e.g. http://localhost:4502/api/assets/wknd-events/wknd-events.jpg
  2. Set the Authorization type as "Basic Auth" with username and password.
  3. Set the "Content-Type" header as "application/json".
  4. Use the below request body:
{
"properties": {
"metadata" : {
"dam:MIMEtype":"image/jpeg"
}
}
}

This will set the mime type on metadata node.

Hope this helps!

Thanks 

Level 3
This put it to asset level, thumbnail creation looks under "renditions/original"

Community Advisor
All the metadata information are stored under "metadata" node. So you need to pass the information as mentioned above.

Level 3
No, this is not true. Each rendition has it's own mimetype, including original

Level 3
I'm passing credentials, it works at this level "/api/assets/myfolder/myAsset.png" but not "/api/assets/myfolder/myAsset.png/renditions/original""

Community Advisor
but original node does not contains any meta property, when you need to set mime type there?

Arun Patidar