Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Asset Report Permissions

Level 6

Hi,

What are the required permissions for a user to use the Asset reports function?

I was not able to make other users than admin to use these reports.

Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks

8 Replies

Level 9

franciscoribeir wrote...

Hi,

What are the required permissions for a user to use the Asset reports function?

I was not able to make other users than admin to use these reports.

Any inputs are welcome.

Thanks

I guess, All you need is "Read", "Write" permission for any user to run these reports. If your user is a super user (Like admin) then set "Read ACL" & "Write ACL" access as well.

--Jitendra

Level 6

Hi @smacdonald2008, are these permission the same for asset reports?

@Jitendra, I tried with only read permission, but it didn't work. When the user tries to open an addition report it breaks the page with a NullPointerException.

I checked the JSP that was breaking and what was causing the problem was this block of code:

///libs/dam/gui/components/admin/reports/customcolumnmodal/customcolumnmodal.jsp ModifiableValueMap columnVM = column.adaptTo(ModifiableValueMap.class);

So, I needed to add modify permission in the columns for Asset Reports. Now the reports are opening but not fulling working. The CSV generation is not working yet. I think it should any other permission issue. I am still checking.

I would not like to put the user in the administrators group only because of the reports.

Thanks

Level 1

Hi @franciscoribeir - were you able to find a solution for this. I am currently doing research on how to give non-administrators access to reports.

Thank you!

Level 6

Hi Kristin, Yes I did.

I forgot to post the solution.

I'll check and then post it back, I just changed some permissions in the useradmin interface.

Thanks

Level 3

Just wondering if you had any success with this?  I am facing the same issue.

Level 1

Yes - I did figure it out. This is what I did as a separate group but I think you can just give these to additional permissions to any group and you should be good to go:

A custom “reports-administrator” group is created in order to give specific user groups permission to view and run reports.

The user group is given Read permissions to the following path:

/libs/dam/gui/content/reports/

The user group is given Read and Modify permissions to the follow path:

/libs/dam/content/reports/

Level 3

Thank you for the info!  This worked for me as well.  I appreciate the help!