Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM Local Development Instance not loading correctly

Level 3

Hello Community,

I've been attempting to rebuild my Local AEM Development Environment for the last couple days and every time I'm running into several errors no matter what I've tried to do. I'm also getting errors in the VS Code when I do a clean install of my branch. Here is my situation:

1. I'm using AEM 6.5 with 6.5.8 service pack installed (with no apparent errors)
  2. I'm starting my instance with more memory with this call --  java -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Xmx1024M -agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=5005 -jar aem-author-p4502.jar
  3. I've double-clicked the JAR and rebuilt my crx-quickstart folder 'many' times to see if that fixes the issues and it doesn't. I end up with the same errors every time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm at a complete loss as to what is causing all these issues.

Here are the errors I'm getting:

1. When I do a clean install with my branch I'm getting this error:  
    [INFO] --- content-package-maven-plugin:1.0.2:install (install-package) @ mchp.ui.content --- [INFO] Installing mchp.ui.content (/Users/c10824/Desktop/AEM/ui.content/target/mchp.ui.content-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip) to http://localhost:4502/crx/packmgr/service.jsp [ERROR] Request failed: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: org.apache.jackrabbit.core.data.DataStoreException: Record 3e15c88da9b46267141b60826c0734007c3e5a5f804c953edb0280eda680a9be does not exist (500)
    NOTE:  When I google this error I get the Adobe Datastore page fix as a result (https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/kb/datastore-inconsistency-record-not-found-.html ) I've visited this error page and gone through the steps and was unsuccessful. After walking through a repository consistency check on the Adobe site; received a "0 Errors" result. This is completely inconsistent and very confounding, because according to Adobe's inconsistency records page, the Datastore error cause is that there are actual missing files, therefore there should be errors rather than a "0 Errors" result?

2. Here is my error log from my Chrome DevTools panel. These errors are what I'm seeing when I go to my site and attempt to edit a page:
    :4502/content/mchp/en-us/products/microcontrollers-and-microprocessors/8-bit-mcus/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/container_1848417680_303242752/simpletable_copy.html?forceeditcontext=true&_=1674842387943:1          Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    foundation.min.js:55 @deprecated  $.validator ; use foundation-validation
    c @ foundation.min.js:55
    contentScript.bundle.js:1 Content script works!
    contentScript.bundle.js:1 Must reload extension for modifications to take effect.
    contentScript.bundle.js:1 ===> FROM THE PRINT MODULE: Using the 'printLine' function from the Print Module
    testing.png:1          Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    blog0886f664eede437ca574d9c1cf31b2c5.png:1          Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    imgpsh_fullsize_anim%20(1).png:1          Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    200605-corp-soc-treelink-blog-745x450.jpg:1          Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    microchip-future-electronics-goodlock-application-development-platform2d219eadac124a95ae52072e27884792.png:1          Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    air-conditioner-units.png:1          Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
    contexthub:9 Uncaught ReferenceError: ContextHubJQ is not defined
        at contexthub:9:412
    8-bit-mcus.html:147 Uncaught ReferenceError: ContextHubJQ is not defined
        at 8-bit-mcus.html:147:19
    favicon.ico:1          GET http://localhost:4502/favicon.ico 404 (Not Found)
    coralui3.min.css:1          GET http://localhost:4502/etc.clientlibs/clientlibs/granite/coralui3/resources/components/icon/AdobeIcons.woff?272cfe83bfd86bced07a76f8d09e3c34 net::ERR_ABORTED 500 (Server Error)
    coralui3.min.css:1          GET http://localhost:4502/etc.clientlibs/clientlibs/granite/coralui3/resources/components/icon/AdobeIcons.ttf?272cfe83bfd86bced07a76f8d09e3c34 net::ERR_ABORTED 500 (Server Error)
    granite.min.js:266          GET http://localhost:4502/content/mchp/en-us/products/microcontrollers-and-microprocessors/8-bit-mcus/jcr:content/root/responsivegrid/container_1848417680_303242752/simpletable_copy.html?forceeditcontext=true&_=1674842387951 404 (Not Found)
    XMLHttpRequest.send @ granite.min.js:266
    send @ jquery.min.js:10259
    ajax @ jquery.min.js:9743
    ns.persistence.Request.send @ core.min.js:434
    sendReadParagraph @ core.min.js:456
    self.readParagraph @ core.min.js:453
    self.loadConfig @ core.min.js:930
    (anonymous) @ core.min.js:1049
    loadFromPersistentStorage @ core.min.js:1049
    (anonymous) @ core.min.js:1052
    dispatch @ jquery.min.js:5232
    elemData.handle @ jquery.min.js:4884​
  3. And here's what I'm seeing on the page:
    Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 11.00.16 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 11.04.24 AM.png
1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @judahlow 

Per the error statement you have shared, looks like problem is with content package - /mchp.ui.content-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip

I suggest to try the following to narrow down the issue :

1. Run just "mvn clean install" without ant specific profile 
  2. Then try with with autoInstallBundle profile / In your main pom.xml, comment all the modules and run core module alone 
  3. If there is no issues with any of the above, then check if there is anything specific to your project with respect to local set up (that you should have in your local)
  4. For the DataStoreException, check all your error.log files completely including the previously rotated error.log files. (Look for first evident "Error" level statement)

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 6

@judahlow Can you  try to see the bundles , Are all bundles activate and which Java version are you using.?

Community Advisor

@judahlow 

Seems failing to access local package manager to auto install package. Can you check you author instance is running in port 4502? If not 

1. Make sure it runs in port 4502
  2. Or else, update port pom.xml to the port in which author instance is running

Community Advisor

Hi @judahlow 

You are getting this error after any specific change you have made to the site or from the beginning itself when you are trying to setup the application locally?

Also are you able to setup the application without installing the content package on the server?

Thanks

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @judahlow 

Per the error statement you have shared, looks like problem is with content package - /mchp.ui.content-1.0-SNAPSHOT.zip

I suggest to try the following to narrow down the issue :

1. Run just "mvn clean install" without ant specific profile 
  2. Then try with with autoInstallBundle profile / In your main pom.xml, comment all the modules and run core module alone 
  3. If there is no issues with any of the above, then check if there is anything specific to your project with respect to local set up (that you should have in your local)
  4. For the DataStoreException, check all your error.log files completely including the previously rotated error.log files. (Look for first evident "Error" level statement)

Level 3

Thank You @Vijayalakshmi_S 

I will try these steps and get back to you on what I find.