Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

AEM Data integration with Azure Storage Table

Level 2

Adobe Experience Manager on Microsoft Azure.

Dear All,

Does  Azure Storage Type  Table is Supported by Adobe Experience manager on Microsoft Azure Platform?

I am trying to store the AEM Lead generation form data in my application  in to Azure Storage Table. Which works completely fine as a standalone Java application. But when I try the same  in AEM as OSGI bundle(Servelts,Services) its not working ,  as the packages  showing  not getting resolved.

com.microsoft.azure.storage -- Cannot be resolved

com.microsoft.azure.storage.table -- Cannot be resolved

First Question: Is there a way we can write to a Azure Storage Table from a AEM java Service class so that we can store the form data directly in to Azure Storage table?

Second Question : When we can Run a standalone java application  with all the microsoft Azure Storage dependency jars in the application and can able to write the data to the Azure Storage table successfully, How can we make this Java application as a OSGI bundle deploy in to AEM and push the form data from AEM  Java service in to Azure Storage table?

Any help or sample code  to get it done is really appreciated.

Any other suggestion on storing the  AEM Lead generation  form data  in Azure Storage table is really appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies

Level 10

We are seeking input from internal experts on this use case.

Level 9

Hey Sunil,

When there is no appropriate bundle exists to use in OSGi specific application. There are other ways to solve this issue.

• Create a web service (pure standalone java application) and post require details to web service rather handling at AEM site.
  • Use maven embed dependencies concept to embed third-party jars into your bundle and make third-party classes to available at the runtime.  You can google it or you can find info here too.

Embedding third party jar into bundle

I hope this helps.

Employee Advisor

The technical platform documentation at [1] does not mention this specific Azure service (the only one listed for Azure is the Azure Blob Store), so I would assume there is no dedicated support for that.

This also means, that the Azure Storage Tables cannot be used as a persistence backend for Oak. If you want to store data in this service, you can do that of course, but you need to do everything on your own, starting from assembling the "infrastructure code" running inside AEM to all the connection handling and data management.

[1] Technical Requirements