Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM 6.4.5 RTE hyperlink

Level 4

shikhasoni1_0-1652257628435.png

In the RTE, I want to add aria-label="1234" inside anchor tag for that i need to add one more field in hyperlink dropdown. How can i achieve that?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @shikhasoni1 ,

To achieve the above scenario you have to follow 3 steps.

step1-using this it will add aria-label in anchor tag in crx/de but you will not be able to retrieve it in dialog 

1. Copy /libs/cq/xssprotection/config.xml to /apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml.
  2. Open /apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml. In the common-attributes section, add the following target attribute declaration.
    <attribute name="aria-label>
    <regexp-list> <regexp value="[a-zA-Z0-9-_\$]+" />
    </regexp-list>
    </attribute>
  3. Find the tag declaration by searching the term <tag name="a"    >
  4. Add the line below in the list of attributes:        <attribute name="aria-label" />
  5. use below link to add the js 
    http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2017/09/aem-63-touch-ui-extend-rich-text-link-dialog-add-rel-sele...

After doing the above steps you will get the below error in error.log
org.apache.sling.xss.impl.HtmlToHtmlContentContext AntiSamy warning: The a tag contained an attribute that we could not process. Thearia&#45;label  attribute had a value of "bookmark"

step2- To avoid RTE editor to strip them, I have disabled xss filtering for dialog by adding the property to the text node usinng disableXSSFilteringproperty {Boolean}true

step3-To avoid DOM to strip aria-label, content="unsafe" You should  add in your html code

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @shikhasoni1 ,

First, check whether the aria-label attribute is enabled or not in XssProtection. You can refer to the below blog of that.

https://medium.com/@mayursatav/enable-html-tags-attributes-in-rte-555dd60d62ee

If it is enabled then go for the further customization the way it is mentioned in the below blog for the attribute plugin

https://www.bounteous.com/insights/2022/01/06/custom-rich-text-editor-plugins-adobe-experience-manag...

Level 4

Hi Mayur,

Not able to achieve the requirement, after saving and reopening the dialog again the value is showing as undefined.

Level 4

Hi Arun, I followed everything but after saving and reopening the dialog again the value is showing as undefined.

below is the error in error.log

17.05.2022 21:05:34.012 *INFO* [0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 [1652801733843] GET /content/hyundai/com/us/en/jcr:content/footerResponsiveGrid/footer.html HTTP/1.1] org.apache.sling.xss.impl.HtmlToHtmlContentContext AntiSamy warning: The a tag contained an attribute that we could not process. The aria&#45;label attribute has been filtered out, but the tag is still in place. The value of the attribute was "4653".

Could you please help on this.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @shikhasoni1 ,

To achieve the above scenario you have to follow 3 steps.

step1-using this it will add aria-label in anchor tag in crx/de but you will not be able to retrieve it in dialog 

1. Copy /libs/cq/xssprotection/config.xml to /apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml.
  2. Open /apps/cq/xssprotection/config.xml. In the common-attributes section, add the following target attribute declaration.
    <attribute name="aria-label>
    <regexp-list> <regexp value="[a-zA-Z0-9-_\$]+" />
    </regexp-list>
    </attribute>
  3. Find the tag declaration by searching the term <tag name="a"    >
  4. Add the line below in the list of attributes:        <attribute name="aria-label" />
  5. use below link to add the js 
    http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2017/09/aem-63-touch-ui-extend-rich-text-link-dialog-add-rel-sele...

After doing the above steps you will get the below error in error.log
org.apache.sling.xss.impl.HtmlToHtmlContentContext AntiSamy warning: The a tag contained an attribute that we could not process. Thearia&#45;label  attribute had a value of "bookmark"

step2- To avoid RTE editor to strip them, I have disabled xss filtering for dialog by adding the property to the text node usinng disableXSSFilteringproperty {Boolean}true

step3-To avoid DOM to strip aria-label, content="unsafe" You should  add in your html code

Level 4

Hey , That's great, it resolved the issue and everything is working fine. Thanks Aniket.

Level 1

Hi,

Are you able to see the value saved for aria-label after reopening the dialog? In our case, the value is being saved and available in source, but the value is not getting retained in plugin.

PrasannaG2_0-1700635099345.png

Can you please help me on this.

Thanks!