Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

AEM 6.0 Solr integration - creating a search component

Level 3

Hi, if I read this documentation [1] correctly then in AEM 6.0 any query / search will calculate which index will be the fastest to retrieve the results. That means, that if I would create the solr index and integrate with a solr core, then a full text search (assuming it would be faster via solr) would be executed via the solr core. So, in other words, when creating a search component or query, I don't need to explicitly state that it should run via Solr. That sounds all fine in theory, and I got a remote solr engine running, however when I use the Geometrixx search box, I get no results returned.

I know via daycare that this is a known bug. But that still leaves me with the question, how should I create a search component? Would I be expected to create my own solr connector? Or can I use queries - like with the lucene index - and it will automatically swap to solr if that's the fastest index? 

Anyone tried this before?

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query.html

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

A ticket has already been raised. I am sure there will be a fix for it soon. I was just hopeful perhaps someone on the forum had created a search component using the solr integration provided by Jackrabbit oak and the querybuilder.

My current outstanding questons are:

1) Will the querybuilder pick the fastest index automatically?

2) Is there a way for me to define the index the querybuilder should use. E.g, say I have the suggester enabled in solr, then I want the search box to always use the solr index.

Anyway, many questions, so far only few answers. I will try to remember to post an update here in case I hear back from daycare.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

Or if anyone can point me of an example (code) where the solr index is actually used that would be even better.

Level 2

Hi ,

Can you provide the daycare ticket number , it is resolved in AEM release 6.1 . I am also looking for an option where i can choose which index to be used by querybuilder .

Level 10

even I tried and it doesnt seems to pick automatically as of now. waiting for adobe to release a doc on solr. Also you can raise a ticket for the same

Correct answer by
Level 3

A ticket has already been raised. I am sure there will be a fix for it soon. I was just hopeful perhaps someone on the forum had created a search component using the solr integration provided by Jackrabbit oak and the querybuilder.

My current outstanding questons are:

1) Will the querybuilder pick the fastest index automatically?

2) Is there a way for me to define the index the querybuilder should use. E.g, say I have the suggester enabled in solr, then I want the search box to always use the solr index.

Anyway, many questions, so far only few answers. I will try to remember to post an update here in case I hear back from daycare.