Expand my Community achievements bar.

Enhance your AEM Assets & Boost Your Development: [AEM Gems | June 19, 2024] Improving the Developer Experience with New APIs and Events
SOLVED

AEM 6.0 Solr integration - creating a search component

Level 3

Hi, if I read this documentation [1] correctly then in AEM 6.0 any query / search will calculate which index will be the fastest to retrieve the results. That means, that if I would create the solr index and integrate with a solr core, then a full text search (assuming it would be faster via solr) would be executed via the solr core. So, in other words, when creating a search component or query, I don't need to explicitly state that it should run via Solr. That sounds all fine in theory, and I got a remote solr engine running, however when I use the Geometrixx search box, I get no results returned.

I know via daycare that this is a known bug. But that still leaves me with the question, how should I create a search component? Would I be expected to create my own solr connector? Or can I use queries - like with the lucene index - and it will automatically swap to solr if that's the fastest index? 

Anyone tried this before?

[1] http://jackrabbit.apache.org/oak/docs/query.html

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

A ticket has already been raised. I am sure there will be a fix for it soon. I was just hopeful perhaps someone on the forum had created a search component using the solr integration provided by Jackrabbit oak and the querybuilder.

My current outstanding questons are:

1) Will the querybuilder pick the fastest index automatically?

2) Is there a way for me to define the index the querybuilder should use. E.g, say I have the suggester enabled in solr, then I want the search box to always use the solr index.

Anyway, many questions, so far only few answers. I will try to remember to post an update here in case I hear back from daycare.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 3

Or if anyone can point me of an example (code) where the solr index is actually used that would be even better.

Level 2

Hi ,

Can you provide the daycare ticket number , it is resolved in AEM release 6.1 . I am also looking for an option where i can choose which index to be used by querybuilder .

Level 10

even I tried and it doesnt seems to pick automatically as of now. waiting for adobe to release a doc on solr. Also you can raise a ticket for the same

Correct answer by
Level 3

A ticket has already been raised. I am sure there will be a fix for it soon. I was just hopeful perhaps someone on the forum had created a search component using the solr integration provided by Jackrabbit oak and the querybuilder.

My current outstanding questons are:

1) Will the querybuilder pick the fastest index automatically?

2) Is there a way for me to define the index the querybuilder should use. E.g, say I have the suggester enabled in solr, then I want the search box to always use the solr index.

Anyway, many questions, so far only few answers. I will try to remember to post an update here in case I hear back from daycare.