Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Launch script not loading in author

Level 4

Hey, i have configured Adobe IMS configuration for Launch and also created the cloud configuration under /conf. The launch script is not loading on author but it is loading in publish instance. I have published the same config and page from author instance to publish.

Any idea as to why this is happening. I am running AEM 6.5.1 for reference.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 4

Issue was with author /conf permissions getting messed up. Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

View solution in original post

13 Replies

Employee Advisor

Have you applied the launch configuration to the site's cloud configuration page as per below:

Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 9.21.49 AM.png

Employee Advisor

Hello,

Do you see any errors in the browser console, network or in logs when you load the page?

You can map the launch integration to your site through "Configuration" path available in the Page properties Advance tab. Check section "Map an Adobe Launch integration to a site in AEM" here [1]

[1] https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/aem_launch_adobeio_integration.html

Regards,

Vishu

Level 4

Hi,

I have added the configuration in page properties. The same has been published and validated in publish environment. It is just not working in author environment.

Employee Advisor

Okay. As asked before, do you see any errors in the browser console, network or in logs when you load the page?

Level 4

No errors in browser console, network or logs.

Level 4

I am working on AMS provided environment for reference.

Employee Advisor

Might need deeper analysis. Please raise a daycare ticket.

Employee

Did you set Adobe Launch Cloud Configuration to "Include Production Code on Author"

1828615_pastedImage_0.png

If you have not, you need to switch to "Staging" env,  you can use "Launch and DTM Switch":

Launch and DTM Switch - Chrome Web Store

1828631_pastedImage_2.png

Correct answer by
Level 4

Issue was with author /conf permissions getting messed up. Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

Level 4

Can you please elaborate on the solution? I am having the same problem.

Level 4

My issue was with read permissions on /conf node.

Level 4

Which user should have the permission ? I am using admin. It has read permissions on /conf. Anything else i need to check?

Level 4

I found the issue:

libraryUri was populated wrong while creating the configuration: "/" was getting appended. I think link checker was removing this invalid URl from the markup.

After correcting this I got 404 for script URL. I had to manually copy the URL from launch environment tab.

Thanks,

Prashant

Check Some hotAEM related topics on my blog:

AEM SPA Editor Demystified

AEM technology stack

Composite Components in AEM using "cq:template"