Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Adobe Franklin - Third party APIs

Level 5

Is there a way to make calls to third party APIs (through ajax for example) and load the results on a page (for example in a table like display) in Adobe Franklin? Is such a thing possible?

In AEM, you'd make a new component or enhance an existing one to support this - is there any documentation in Franklin on how to achieve this?

Also is there a dedicated community for next gen composability?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to make calls to third-party APIs and load the results on a page in Adobe Franklin. The recommended approach is to use the fetch API or axios library to make AJAX requests to the third-party API, and then use JavaScript to manipulate the response and render the results on the page.

In Adobe Franklin, you can create a new component or enhance an existing one to support this functionality. To do this, you would typically create a new component that includes the JavaScript code to make the API call and render the results.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

@jakej40603950As far as my research goes, if you need to perform a task like this in Adobe Franklin, you will have to develop a standalone project with logic to connect to an API, fetch the data, convert it into a Word document, and upload it to Google Docs.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi,

Yes, it is possible to make calls to third-party APIs and load the results on a page in Adobe Franklin. The recommended approach is to use the fetch API or axios library to make AJAX requests to the third-party API, and then use JavaScript to manipulate the response and render the results on the page.

In Adobe Franklin, you can create a new component or enhance an existing one to support this functionality. To do this, you would typically create a new component that includes the JavaScript code to make the API call and render the results.

I hope this helps!

Level 1

Adobe Franklin Instance Experimentation :- While creating sample experiment ,  not able to see the experimentation overlay in your .hlx.page preview environment on the control page.

Let us know if anyone faced similar issue and possible resolution.