Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

ACS-Commons "Send Templated Email" process: "could not resolve to a valid template" Error

Level 2

Hi All,

Hope you all are doing well.

I'm trying to use ACS-Commons "Send Templated Email" process in my workflow step to send templated emails. And getting below message in the logs:

"Mail template path [ /apps/workflows/templates/email-templates/send-to-approver.txt ] could not resolve to a valid template"

SMTP is enabled and I'm able to send emails from that environment. Can someone help me understand and resolve this.

Regards,

Chitransh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Ritesh_Mittal ,

Thanks. System user didn't have required permission. Issue is resolved now.

Regards,

Chitransh

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @chitranshs90502 ,

Are you able to see /apps/workflows/templates/email-templates/send-to-approver.txt through CRXDE?

Also, check if your system user has access to the template path, If you are getting the above error while backend execution.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Hi @Ritesh_Mittal ,

Regards,

Chitransh

Level 3

Hi @chitranshs90502 

Can you share your template? I'm getting same error but maybe my template is not good.

Thanks

Level 1

I have the same error. Could you please tell me how to grant permission for system user to access my email template folder.

Community Advisor

Hi @chitranshs90502,

Templates are nt:file nodes in the repository containing a text file. The text file contains the complete email.

Here is the offical documentation: https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/e-mail/email-api/index.html#cre...

Kindly note that the files under /apps are project related code and its not advisable be used to save the content which is generic. So, create the same template under /content, to access it, create a system(service) user and give the permissions specific to that path to avoid and future permissions issues.

System user detailshttps://docs.adobe.com/content/help/en/experience-manager-65/administering/security/security-service...

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Kiran Vedantam.

Level 2

Hi @Kiran_Vedantam 

Regards,

Chitransh