Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Language Copy - Custom component translation

Level 3

Hi Team,

We are trying to create a Language copy for a site that's in the English Language. When a Spanish copy is created it isn't translating Custom Components and I have seen documentation to configure translation rules for each of the custom components and choose the properties that we would like to get translated in the `Translation Configuration` module. Since we have bunch of custom components, I was thinking if there's a way that we could define at a single place once and it's all taken care of when authors create any number of pages.

Looking for suggestions as to how it can be a one-time task on all custom components so authors don't have to worry about creating translation configuration while adding a new custom component each time. Thanks in advance.

-Manasa

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @manasabojja7,

You are looking to update the Translation configuration as one-time task. So you can update the translation_rules.xml file.

File location in crx/de - /conf/global/settings/translation/rules/translation_rules.xml

Node Properties can be update by modifiying resourceType, name etc.

<node resourceType="/apps/learning/components/accordion">
      <property inherit="true" name="aemTitle" translate="true" updateDestinationLanguage="false"/>
    </node>

I hope this can help you !!!

Regards

Shiv

Shiv Prakash

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @manasabojja7,

You are looking to update the Translation configuration as one-time task. So you can update the translation_rules.xml file.

File location in crx/de - /conf/global/settings/translation/rules/translation_rules.xml

Node Properties can be update by modifiying resourceType, name etc.

<node resourceType="/apps/learning/components/accordion">
      <property inherit="true" name="aemTitle" translate="true" updateDestinationLanguage="false"/>
    </node>

I hope this can help you !!!

Regards

Shiv

Shiv Prakash

Level 3

Thanks for your response @Shiv_Prakash_Patel 

Is that the only way to go and update /conf/global/settings/translation/rules/translation_rules.xml anytime a new custom component is added? 

Let's say we developed a custom component and pushed the code. Now the authors go and author the pages with this new component. It would be an additional manual task to be remembered to go and update this XML. Instead, is there a way that we could handle these translation attributes/config while developing the component itself? I'm not sure if this is even possible but just wanted to check

Community Advisor

Hello @manasabojja7 

In addition to @Shiv_Prakash_Patel suggestion, please check with your Translation Vendor as well.

Sometimes, they have their own separate configurations to define the components and regex for translatable properties

Aanchal Sikka