Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Web version of application

Level 2

With DPS 2015 are we still able to make the articles accessible on the web or do we only have the option to have the app be installed on windows 8, windows 10 than tablet/mobile devices

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Currently, (Sept 2015) you can use DPS 2015 to create apps for iPad and iPhone, Android phones and tablets and Windows 8.1. Later this fall we will extend this to allow you to create Web apps that work in a browser. This is available today in the DPS classic platform.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 2

Just need confirmation to let my boss know that i'm right and I can't create a web based version of the app, in dps 2015.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Currently, (Sept 2015) you can use DPS 2015 to create apps for iPad and iPhone, Android phones and tablets and Windows 8.1. Later this fall we will extend this to allow you to create Web apps that work in a browser. This is available today in the DPS classic platform.

Level 2

So would we build it out in 2015 and then just create a single folio with all of the articles in it for 2014 and push that out to create the web version just so that we have a web view of it without the interactions?

Employee

Yes, you could potentially create a separate Classic DPS application as a web-viewer only app and use DPS 2015 for your native app experiences. Assuming that by "interactions" you're referring to InDesign overlays (using the InDesign DPS plugin) like slideshow and video, DPS Classic supports them too.

You could have a Classic DPS folio for each each DPS 2015 collection.

As Ivan mentions, DPS 2015 is targeting a web viewer for release in the fall.

Brian

Level 2

I had done that in the past but one issue I ran into was that not all of the overlays appeared to work in the web version such as  slideshows.

I've uploaded the test I did, again it was just  a test of the web viewer.

DSS - Gallery Demo

So click interactions but swipe doesn't work maybe i can alter the interaction to not have a swipe.

Level 1

If you are using InDesign CC 2015 you have a nice tool to publish your articles and folios online:

Self-publishing online | Adobe InDesign CC tutorials

In my opinion it's way easier and better looking than the classic web viewer...

Level 2

Thank you to everyone for all of the helpful advice this gives me quite a few options to discuss on what we should do in our current situation which puts me in a much better spot than I was in yesterday.

Employee

It's a limitation that the DPS Classic web viewer doesn't support swiping for slideshows.

Brian