Highlighted

Viewing/previewing Overlays

matg1

matg1

matg1

22-10-2015

How do I view/preview my overlays within InDesign? I am using DPS 2015 within Adobe CC 2015 and can't see any way to check that an overlay works, once applied. Is the only option to export as an article, upload to DPS Solutions website, configure it all and then check?

Replies

Highlighted

BobLevine

BobLevine

BobLevine

22-10-2015

The preflight app is still, as far as I know, still in review at Apple. The Windows and Android versions are available.

Highlighted

matg1

matg1

matg1

22-10-2015

Thanks. Desperately waiting for it! So there is no quick button that I should be seeing in the overlays panel to do a quick test that something works, such as looking at the transitions in a slideshow?

Highlighted

Neil_Enns_-_Ado

Employee

Neil_Enns_-_Ado

Employee

Neil_Enns_-_Ado
Employee

22-10-2015

Correct. Right now you still have to upload the article to the portal and then use the preflight tool (Windows/Andorid, still waiting on Apple approval for iOS) to preview it.

Neil

Highlighted

Neil_Enns_-_Ado

Employee

Neil_Enns_-_Ado

Employee

Neil_Enns_-_Ado
Employee

22-10-2015

Note that even when the preflight tool is available on iOS you'll still have to upload the article to the portal to see it in the viewer. We don't have a preview from InDesign capability yet.

Neil

Highlighted

matg1

matg1

matg1

22-10-2015

Thanks for confirming. Hopefully, there will be plans to preview the interactivity within InDesign in the future.

Highlighted

Neil_Enns_-_Ado

Employee

Neil_Enns_-_Ado

Employee

Neil_Enns_-_Ado
Employee

22-10-2015

We're working on it right now...

Neil

Highlighted

Davd_Spivak_-_A

Davd_Spivak_-_A

Davd_Spivak_-_A

22-10-2015

Wonder what Apple's deal is. The Preflight App has been under review for over a month already.

Highlighted

Neil_Enns_-_Ado

Employee

Neil_Enns_-_Ado

Employee

Neil_Enns_-_Ado
Employee

22-10-2015

I just got the approval mail from Apple. Nate'll be pushing it to the store shortly. Woohoo!

Neil

Highlighted

Davd_Spivak_-_A

Davd_Spivak_-_A

Davd_Spivak_-_A

22-10-2015

They must have read my complaint about them lollygagging around. Perhaps they were all too busy watching the latest Steve Jobs movie.