Highlighted

Preview DPS on desktop web viewer?

Sandee_Cohen

31-07-2015

How does someone preview their overlays on the desktop? It was mentioned that there would be a Web Viewer. Is that out yet?

Replies

Highlighted
Highlighted

Neil_Enns_-_Ado

Employee

31-07-2015

If you are running Windows 8.1 or 10 you can build a Windows preview version of your app and use that.

Neil

Highlighted

Neil_Enns_-_Ado

Employee

03-08-2015

Hi Sandee,

It’s pretty easy. In the Apps tab make a Windows app instead of an iOS app. Use whatever image you want for all of the image assets, you don’t even have to resize them (App Builder will resize them for you).

Some of the fields on the General tab can be a bit confusing, but since you aren’t submitting this to the store you can put in fake info. For publisher display name put in anything you want. For publisher ID use CN=testing. For main package identity name use something like com.yourcomanyname.yourappname.

Make sure you select the “Enable preview” checkbox!

Neil

Highlighted

Sandee_Cohen

03-08-2015

Hi Neil,

Apps tab? App builder? General tab?

I'm working in InDesign applying effects using the Overlays panel.

I don't think we're talking about the same thin.

Highlighted

BobLevine

03-08-2015

Sandee, Neil is alluding to the fact that there are no viewers for DPS 2015 unless you create one yourself.

Without an Apple Developer account iOS is out of the question but you can build and install a Windows 8.1/10 app and use that since it doesn't require any certificates.

Highlighted

Sandee_Cohen

03-08-2015

Bob,

OK, let's pretend I am a ten year old trying to do this for the first time.

I open InDesign on Windows 10.

I create an MSO with several images.

I  select the MSO.

I set it to Slideshow in the Overlays panel.

Now, what do I do to build a Windows app?

What command?

What panel?

Where is the App tab? The App Builder? The General Tab?

I don't have any of those things.

And I don't see them if I choose File > Export > DPS Article

Highlighted

BobLevine

03-08-2015

You need to do this through the DPS dashboard. There’s an on line app builder there.

Are you in the beta for the new DPS?