Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

View app in production

Level 2

In the Manage Collections video (Manage collections | Adobe Digital Publishing Solution tutorials‌), the tutor pulls up the app on his desktop to see how his changes in the online DPS 2015 workflow effect the user's experience in the app. He just pulls up his iPad on his screen around minute 15:35. How does he do that?

I've done the following:

- Set up a Project in the DPS 2015 Dashboard

- Upload content and set up collections

- Generate an app for the Project

- Download and sign the app

- Install the signed app on your device

I'm working on a Mac, OS X Yosemite, Version 10.10.5.; InDesign CC 9.2.2; DPS for InDesign CC.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Oh, that's not being previewed on the desktop. That's an iPad. (It's displayed on the desktop using a tool such as QuickTime or Reflector). There is no desktop preview.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Employee

You're watching one of several videos in a series: Get started with Digital Publishing Solution | Adobe Digital Publishing Solution tutorials

If you go to that tutorials page, you'll see a video called "Build Your App." Take a look at that video. (Direct link: How to create an app | Adobe Digital Publishing Solution tutorials‌).

And here's the help article that explains how to build iOS apps: Digital Publishing Solution Help | Build DPS 2015 apps for iOS

Level 2

Thanks, Bob. I've seen that video... Also I browsed through that link. I'm not seeing in either one where they show how you preview your app on you iPad on your desktop. How do you do that like they did in the video? The tutor doesn't seem to explain it (unless I missed it) - he just does it.

Correct answer by
Employee

Oh, that's not being previewed on the desktop. That's an iPad. (It's displayed on the desktop using a tool such as QuickTime or Reflector). There is no desktop preview.