Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Upload PDF files to AEMM with options

Level 1

When I upload a PDF to AEMM, how can I set the options that are available from the Acrobat plugin and the website? I want to set "Enable horizontal swiping within PDF" and "Fit one full page to screen" for the PDF. I can upload a PDF file to AEMM using the API the same way that article files are uploaded if I set the content-type to 'application/pdf' instead of 'application/zip'. The sample code is still from May so there is no documentation on how to use the PDF upload.

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

As I mentioned, the sample code will be updated soon. Here's the info I received:

·         To set the “Fit one full page to screen” option

o    This is done on the article metadata, the field is fitToScreen

{

“entityName”: “helloworld”,

“entityTitle”: “Hello World”,

“entityType”: “article”,

“fitToScreen”: true,

…

}

·         To set the “Enable horizontal swiping within PDF”

o    This is done when uploading PDF to the ingestion service, set the URL parameter hoirzontalSwipe

https://ings.publish.adobe.io/publication/{{publication-id}}/article/{{entityName}};version={{versio...

o    By default, the horitzontalSwipe is set to false (i.e. if the URL parameter is not set)

o    If the horitzontalSwipe is set to true but fitToScreen is set to false, then the ingestion service will throw an error

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee

Hi Michael - We'll update the sample code soon with PDF examples. I'll let you know when it's available.  Thanks.

Level 1

Thanks, uploading PDFs is enough for testing, but I'll need to set "Enable horizontal swiping within PDF" for actual use. I'll update with the sample code as soon as it becomes available.

Correct answer by
Employee

As I mentioned, the sample code will be updated soon. Here's the info I received:

·         To set the “Fit one full page to screen” option

o    This is done on the article metadata, the field is fitToScreen

{

“entityName”: “helloworld”,

“entityTitle”: “Hello World”,

“entityType”: “article”,

“fitToScreen”: true,

…

}

·         To set the “Enable horizontal swiping within PDF”

o    This is done when uploading PDF to the ingestion service, set the URL parameter hoirzontalSwipe

https://ings.publish.adobe.io/publication/{{publication-id}}/article/{{entityName}};version={{versio...

o    By default, the horitzontalSwipe is set to false (i.e. if the URL parameter is not set)

o    If the horitzontalSwipe is set to true but fitToScreen is set to false, then the ingestion service will throw an error

Level 1

Thanks, your information is enough to get my code fully working.