Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Social Sharing Customizing Questions

Level 2

Hi,

I have two questions regarding social sharing:

1. Can we choose which articles should have social sharing? For example, I have some articles that don't make sense sharing like user guide and credits.

2. Is it possible to customize the content on the web browser page the social share creates? For example, on the bottom of the page there is a "More content" and shows the three articles previous to the one shared. Can it be possible to choose which articles to place down there? or take it out completely?

Thanks,

Cindy J.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Cindy,

All articles are available for sharing if social sharing is enabled for the application. Don't forget: people who have names on the credits page might want to share it so their mom can see

We don't currently support customizing the content of the social share landing page other than specifying some article text. You can, however, point the share URL to a totally different page on an article-by-article basis. This is useful if, for example, you have a website that's already hosting equivalent content. This value is set on the Social Sharing tab of article properties, change the Social Share URL to point to your custom page.

Neil

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Cindy,

All articles are available for sharing if social sharing is enabled for the application. Don't forget: people who have names on the credits page might want to share it so their mom can see

We don't currently support customizing the content of the social share landing page other than specifying some article text. You can, however, point the share URL to a totally different page on an article-by-article basis. This is useful if, for example, you have a website that's already hosting equivalent content. This value is set on the Social Sharing tab of article properties, change the Social Share URL to point to your custom page.

Neil