Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Smooth scrolling

Level 4

Hi all - I'm a bit confused by something and hope you guys can help me out.

In InDesign, I'm trying to create a smooth scrolling document. My content is just big enough to fit a 1024 x 1900 document. I exported the document as a .article document, I created a new collection for this document and added this article to the collection and was looking forward to seeing this document in my app. Unfortunately, what I've got is some kind of zoomed out monstrosity. I did make sure to select smooth scrolling in InDesign when creating the article and I looked throughout the Collection options and Content options and don't see anywhere else to place smooth scrolling as an option. I'm a little bit lost here? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The target device sets the dimensions you want the article to load in. If you want the smooth scrolling effect then do exactly what Toni suggests. Specify the iPad size, check smooth scrolling and export. If you specify the actual dimensions of the page the viewer will interpret that the article is designed for a 1024x1900 screen size, so it will shrink to fit the article, and show letter boxing or pillar boxing.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 4

bump just in case anyone has missed this question. Thanks again.

Employee

That's odd. Smooth Scrolling works for me. When you exported the document, you selected "Smooth Scrolling," right?

smooth_scroll_export.png

Level 3

I had the same problem right now, but could fix it. The problem was, the target device setting in the export dialog.

It should NOT have the larger format, as in Bob's screenshot. With me it only worked, when I had the original iPad size (1024x768) selected here.

Regards,

Toni

Correct answer by
Employee

The target device sets the dimensions you want the article to load in. If you want the smooth scrolling effect then do exactly what Toni suggests. Specify the iPad size, check smooth scrolling and export. If you specify the actual dimensions of the page the viewer will interpret that the article is designed for a 1024x1900 screen size, so it will shrink to fit the article, and show letter boxing or pillar boxing.