Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Reading api vs Library/store api?

Level 3

Bonjour,

Wich API version should i use now:

- does the Library/store API still usefull?

- in a web content folio overlay in a indd file?

- in a html article directly uplaoded as a content.?

and what is the current compatibility of DPS2015 with Html Article and API call.

HAve a nice day

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

We do not currently support the reading API, nor the store/library API, with the new version of DPS. We do support a new set of APIs for HTML articles and web overlays that give you complete control (if you want) over how gestures are handled. This is very useful when you are doing rich interactivity in HTML and want to capture touch events for your page, but still allow navigation to the rest of the app.

Neil

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi,

We do not currently support the reading API, nor the store/library API, with the new version of DPS. We do support a new set of APIs for HTML articles and web overlays that give you complete control (if you want) over how gestures are handled. This is very useful when you are doing rich interactivity in HTML and want to capture touch events for your page, but still allow navigation to the rest of the app.

Neil

Level 3

Thks for your answer,

So it's mean that if we used reading APIs call in DPS2014 folios (for the Gyroscope, Camera or geolocation), it won't be converted an compatible with DPS2015 when using the conversion process?

is there any documentation fot this new set of api please?

my goal is to build an POC iphone app 50%Indd and 50%html, the html part must use feature like OffLine/OnLine detetcion,native social sharing, localstorage; etc… how this gonna be done with DPS2015?

Employee

Reading APIs in migrated content won't be supported once the article is migrated to DPS 2015. This means your gyro/camera/geo features won't work at launch in DPS 2015.

APIs like online/offline detection and local storage are really just JavaScript APIs, not reading APIs from Adobe. If they are standard APIs in JavaScript they will continue to work.

I'll have to ask our documentation team where the info is on the new gesture APIs.

Neil