Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

"Collection Open Default" Not Updating

Level 2

I'm having a problem in the collection properties settings since the switch to AEM. Iam finishing up a development application - I just finished creating the layout, but I cant get the "Collection Open Default" to function as Browse Page (Show Cards. layouts etc). It remains forever stuck on Content View (opens to individual article) no matter what I do. Any other collection changes I make update just fine.

This has only been a problem since the switch to AEM.

I have a single layout, applied to a single collection, so Im pretty confident all of that is set up correctly.

Any Ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

My guess is that you've run into the situation where a collection set to content view opens to the first article unless the collection is launched from the app menu or top-level. In that case, it opens to the browse page.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 2

I should specify, The Collection lets me change to Browse Page, and saves, but the change never "takes" on the App.

Correct answer by
Employee

My guess is that you've run into the situation where a collection set to content view opens to the first article unless the collection is launched from the app menu or top-level. In that case, it opens to the browse page.

Level 2

Oops - Yep - That was it - I had eliminated some older collections and forgotten that the top level wont display that view. Everything working as it should now. Thanks!