Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Navigation

Level 2

Will we be able to navigate to other collections or articles programmatically with javascript from within an HTML Article?

For example, is there a deep-link name attached to content, or are custom URLs supported?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

You can use navto://article_name to navigate to any article within the app, even if it's in a different collection.

Navigating to other collections is not yet supported, though it is planned.

Are you also asking about linking to content from outside the app?

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 5

Currently you can only use navto://article_name to navigate to another article within the same collection.

Correct answer by
Employee

You can use navto://article_name to navigate to any article within the app, even if it's in a different collection.

Navigating to other collections is not yet supported, though it is planned.

Are you also asking about linking to content from outside the app?

Level 5

Good to know that navto://article works with articles in other collections within the same app!

Level 2

Thanks for the clarification Bob. I've tried this and it works great. One point to note, it's case-sensitive.

Since you can reference the same article in multiple places, like with a "Top 5" list and also a "feature" article, I wonder how the app would know which one to navigate to? (not particularly important, just speculating)

We definitely look forward to using navigation to collections. We also have some ideas for navigating out to the browser, please keep this under consideration.

Employee

An article navTo will behave as follows:

1. If the destination article is in the same collection as the article the user is viewing, the user will be navigated to that article in the context of the collection.
  2. If the destination article is not in the same collection it will be opened in a "collection-less" state, so there will be no articles to the left or right of it.

When collection navTo is implemented we would provide the ability to navigate an article in the context of a collection (e.g. if articleA is in collections X & Y, you could specify "Open articleA in CollectionX").

Level 2

Thanks for the explanation, Nathan, sounds fantastic. We are loving the new product, and are really eager to try out the collection navto when ready.

Former Community Member

Nathan,

Thanks for your help.  Is this documented anywhere yet?

Employee

It's documented here, but keep in mind that these help articles are still in a state of flux.

Hyperlinks in DPS 2015

Level 2

Hi, in regards to buttons and navigation, I understand you can't nav to a different collection, but can you nav to a collection browse page from with the same collection? It isn't essentially and article, and I would like to use the new DPS nav as much as I can, instead of creating my own.

Level 2

Or I guess, maybe a better way to ask is how to Nav to a collection's browse page from within the same collection, what would the url be?