Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Article content and navigation within AEMM app capability demos

Level 2

At the Adobe Experience Manager Mobile blog there are examples that demonstrate the capabilities of AEMM, but I'm not following article content and navigation of these apps, or perhaps why they were created with AEMM (versus Cordova, per se).

Are these single page HTML apps; or, is navigation being used like a story board?

Axis41 has a hotel booking app.  What are the article contents of that app?  There's no table of contents, or has that been customized as the "M" in the upper-left corner?

Axis41_feature-image.jpeg

Perficient has a patient engagement app.  Table of contents is gone from the login screen, then appears in other screen captures.  What are the articles here, or what is shown in the table of contents?

Perficient_feature-image.jpeg

Likewise in the DuPont agricultural products app, I can understand how articles might be used; however, navigation in the demo does not appear to use the table of contents, featuring highly customized navigation:

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 9.51.14 AM.png

Screen Shot 2016-08-24 at 9.51.20 AM.png

Not to bite off too much here, but I'm not entirely sure I'm following specifically why AEMM is leveraged as the solution for these apps.  There appears to be as much functionality as content highlighted in these demos.

But more importantly, how are articles and navigation of the AEMM app models used in these solutions?  At no time do I see someone hit the table of contents to slide in navigation.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

There are a couple of different UI paradigms going on in these demos.

AEM Mobile On Demand (MOD) apps can take advantage of the Browse Page UI construct to navigate content.   This enables the content owner to define a layout that uses the metadata from app content to generate a card based navigation UI.   The Dupont UI is a good example of this.  The cards shown in the photos are displayed according to rules set in the app's layout and are driven by articles and collections in the app.

You can also define a completely custom UI within an HTML article.   In that case the entire UI is created in a single HTML article using the available content APIs.   The article then overrides the default Browse Page UI by being the first thing in the default collection.  The Axis41 demo works this way

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

There are a couple of different UI paradigms going on in these demos.

AEM Mobile On Demand (MOD) apps can take advantage of the Browse Page UI construct to navigate content.   This enables the content owner to define a layout that uses the metadata from app content to generate a card based navigation UI.   The Dupont UI is a good example of this.  The cards shown in the photos are displayed according to rules set in the app's layout and are driven by articles and collections in the app.

You can also define a completely custom UI within an HTML article.   In that case the entire UI is created in a single HTML article using the available content APIs.   The article then overrides the default Browse Page UI by being the first thing in the default collection.  The Axis41 demo works this way