Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Migrating old DPS folios -- HTML Resources

Level 1

Hi,

Im migrating some old folios from DPSuite to DPSolution and can't figure out how to use the HTMLResources zip.

The zip contained a few pdfs that i need to link to from the folios.

Ive searched and read a few threads (here and here) - on the one hand it seems like HTMLResources havent been implemented in DPSol, but then someone mentions an API, which, to be honest, is a bit above my head.

So -- is there anyway straightforward (easy) way to use HTMLResources in DPSol when i update my old folios?

Thanks!

s

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

We automatically migrate HTML resources in old folios over to the new DPS system. If you're just migrating content you don't have to do anything special: the links will still work after migration.

Neil

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

We automatically migrate HTML resources in old folios over to the new DPS system. If you're just migrating content you don't have to do anything special: the links will still work after migration.

Neil

Level 1

Hi Neil,

Thanks for the reply. In addition to updating the old folios (the migration tool worked a treat) I'll be building new folios in the manner of the migrated folios. Is there a way to use HTMLResources or something similar to embed a pdf in a DPSol folio? If not, are there plans to include a function like this anytime soon?

Thanks

s

Employee

There is no way to upload shared resources in new DPS 2015 articles via the UI.

Having said that, since you are simply trying to access PDFs, there’s a better way to do this in DPS 2015. Treat the PDFs as proper articles, not as HTML resources. Use the beta of the PDF to DPS Acrobat tool (available on both Mac and Windows) to convert the PDFs to .article files and upload them to the portal. Then simply reference the articles via a navto:// hyperlink. The PDF articles don’t even have to be in a collection. Just reference them via navto.

Neil

Employee

To follow up on Neil's reply, you can read about the pre-release for the DPS Acrobat plugin in this blog post:

Now in Prerelease: Adobe DPS Converter for Acrobat | Adobe Digital Publishing Solution

It includes an email address to request an invitation to the pre-release.

Brian

Level 1

Normally that might be a good solution, however, the pdfs in question are actually pdfs of the print version of the folios themselves, so that would be duplicative.

I suppose I could host the pdfs online and link to them from the app.

Thanks again!

s

Employee

How is this duplicative? Your readers will only see the content if they tap on the hyperlink, just like if they tap on the HTML Resource PDF hyperlink. Or is the intention to give them a way to download the PDF independently? If that's the case, yes, just post them online.

Neil

Level 1

Hi Neil,

Its duplicative content-wise. As I previously stated, the pdfs are just print versions of the folio/articles themselves. So if we converted the pdfs to articles, we'd have two set of very similar articles!

I think linking to the pdfs would be the best solution.

Thanks again for the reply!

s