Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Is it possible to link to a collection from a banner?

Level 2

Hello,

I am creating a home collection and noticed that the banner can only link to external content. In the future could we use the banner to link to a collection as well?

The home collection is linking to the secondary collection in two places using two different images. Because the card for the home collection can only be one image, having a secondary banner with a different call to action could be a good use for the banners.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

With today's release (to be completed soon), banners support navto links. Banners also support tel:, mailto:, sms:, and a few other formats as well.

What's new in Experience Manager Mobile

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Level 6

Hey kdr;

At this time:

A banner can only do one of two things: open a link, or occupy space on the browse page. So no, a banner cannot open a collection.

And a collection can only have one card image -- so you cannot have two instances of a collection in your home collection (or anywhere) look different.

You might create a second, and different, collection with the same content* - but use a different card image. This might deliver what you're thinking about, but might require extra attention and curation.

* The two collections likely should have the same product ID.

HTH -- Colin

Level 2

Colin Fleming

Has there been any updates to this? There was a post in September that said this banner linking feature was something that you really wanted to add: Linking to Collections.

Making a duplicate collection with all of the same content just to change the collection card style is really inefficient and hard to manage. Creating a single banner that would link to a collection would be much more streamlined and intuitive.

Thanks.

Level 6

No change yet. Still in consideration.

Level 2

Okay. When you say consideration do you mean that this would be a difficult technical feature to implement, or is there other reasons for not allowing a banner to have this feature?

I am asking because it seems like a much better solution than duplicating an entire collection, so I assume there must be some downside to this feature that I am overlooking.

Thank you for the response.

Level 6

Consideration = still looking at it, no timeline I can share.

PMs make the judgement of how difficult something is and how many resources are needed to implement. Sometimes PMs will tip their cards.

The workaround I shared with KDR was a way to maybe address her need. But it's not a real solution. Yes, I have to be cagey on this topic. Hopefully my sharing a little information is better than no response.

Level 2

Okay, thanks for the information Colin.

Correct answer by
Employee

With today's release (to be completed soon), banners support navto links. Banners also support tel:, mailto:, sms:, and a few other formats as well.

What's new in Experience Manager Mobile