Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

AEM and DPS integration

Level 4

I'm having trouble understanding the video tutorial for AEM and DPS. If I have a web page that I've created using Dreamweaver and it's an HTML page, and I have it loaded into AEM, can I upload that same HTML page to DPS using AEM without going through the HTML converter to a .article file? I know you can do this for Drupal and Wordpress, but my userbase is too large and the amount of content I have too massive for both of those.

Any answer in the next hour or so would be extremely helpful as I'm engaging my developer team. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

Adjusting terminology slightly: you have one project, that project has iOS, Android, Windows, and web viewer "apps" -- they all listen for the same content. That content has two top-level, so your tablet and phone readers can see different content organization.

The top-level, and all other collections can be organized using either DPS 2015 (the Portal) or AEM -- both DPS and AEM can see what the other is doing, and you learn when/why you need to tell the two systems to check on the other.

You can create new collections in AEM, and you can put articles, banners, and collections into them.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 6

Hey David;

Here's my take given my shallow use of AEM -- it assembles code-based content at the point where you "upload" from AEM to DPS. Until that point the code doesn't really exist -- so AFAIK you don't "load" HTML into AEM.

HTH

Level 4

Ok let me ask this. Let's say I have dozens if not hundreds of .article files. I have the web viewer app, a windows app, an android app and an iOS app. Each of them have 2 top level collections. Can I use AEM to load the article files into the appropriate apps and collections? Can I create new collections via AEM?

Wordpress and Drupal just aren't cutting it for me.

Correct answer by
Level 6

Adjusting terminology slightly: you have one project, that project has iOS, Android, Windows, and web viewer "apps" -- they all listen for the same content. That content has two top-level, so your tablet and phone readers can see different content organization.

The top-level, and all other collections can be organized using either DPS 2015 (the Portal) or AEM -- both DPS and AEM can see what the other is doing, and you learn when/why you need to tell the two systems to check on the other.

You can create new collections in AEM, and you can put articles, banners, and collections into them.