Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Integrator ID

Level 3

I have a person setting me up with an entitlement service for my AEM app and they are asking me for my Integrator ID.  they are saying I have to obtain that from Adobe in order to get the Entitlement service to work.  How do I go about getting an Integrator ID?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Using an Integrator ID to set up an entitlement service used to be required, but an Integrator ID is no longer necessary. Instead, you use the "Entitlement Services" section of master settings to set up the configuration, and then you select the configuration when editing project settings. For details, see Set up entitlement in AEM Mobile apps.

View solution in original post

18 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Using an Integrator ID to set up an entitlement service used to be required, but an Integrator ID is no longer necessary. Instead, you use the "Entitlement Services" section of master settings to set up the configuration, and then you select the configuration when editing project settings. For details, see Set up entitlement in AEM Mobile apps.

Level 3

Uhh, is there better documentation somewhere?  Like a step by step?  The link you referred to is a jumbled mess! We had found a good step by step that was used for DPS and were using that since it says AEM uses the same system.  We only got stuck on the Integrator ID portion.  But now the whole thing has changed? Step One: "Set up an entitlement Server." OK?!?????

Employee

Do you mean better documentation for setting up the entitlement server? The only documentation I'm aware of is the first link below step one: Direct Entitlement API v2. It's the same document used for DPS entitlement.

Which step-by-step documentation for DPS are you referring to? AEM Mobile and DPS still use the same entitlement system, and you need to go through the same steps to set it up. A fairly recent change is that you no longer need to send an email message to Adobe to request an Integrator ID and provide your entitlement server settings. Instead, you specify your entitlement settings as described in the "Set up entitlement" article.

Feel free to contact Adobe Support for details about entitlement configuration. The information appears in the Support tab when you sign in to the Portal using a Master Admin account.

Level 3

How to install the DPS Entitlement Server | Adobe Developer Connection

There is the link with step by step we were following.  If DPS and AEM use the same entitlement system, wouldn't this step by step still be accurate?

Employee

That step-by-step article works for DPS, but you would need to make some changes for that proof-of-concept example to work in AEM Mobile. The example in that article uses issueList (folio list), which is specific to DPS. You would need to change the issueList info to something that will work with AEM Mobile, such as Product IDs. You could find entitlement examples in this article: AEM Mobile On-Demand Services SDK for PHP.

You bring up a good point about the documentation gap in setting up the entitlement service. We'll work on getting a version of that DPS entitlement server article that works with AEM Mobile.

Level 3

Thanks for your help and tips!  We will try to use these examples to get things working in AEM.  We have our Enterprise app up and running, but now our users are requesting their custom content specific to their accounts.  So...we are struggling through this entitlement setup trying to figure it out.

Level 3

Do you know when a new entitlement service article that works with AEM would possibly be available?  We are really struggling to setup an entitlement server using the older DPS documentation.  The reason most likely is because AEM no longer needs an integrator ID, but the older methods require you to get an integrator ID to get the system working and Adobe keeps coming back with errors that the system isn't working or connecting to the AEM app. We are kind of in a catch 22 with the whole Integrator ID thing because we don't really need it but we do.

Employee

We're currently working on updating that article to work with AEM Mobile. It should be available by next week.

Level 3

This is very good news, thank you so much!  If you could let me know when its available with a link it would be much appreciated. The person on my team I am working on this with is pulling out her hair, I'll pass along the good news and tell her to take a break on it until next week.

Employee

Bill - Just letting you know that we're still working on updating and testing POC entitlement code that will work with AEM Mobile. I should have more information soon.

Level 2

We are several more than Happy to read that Bob

Level 3

Is there any news on where they are at with this?Bob Bringhurst - Adobe

Employee

A draft of the article is written, but this article needs to go through the approval process.

Level 3

Bob Bringhurst - Adobe​ - Is there a general timeline of how long the approval process for this generally takes?

Employee

We have approval for the article. We just need to complete testing.

Level 2

Hope this could be of help. Thanks

This helped us a lot, especially the use of the Postman to test each call:

Bootcamp: DPS - Direct Entitlement API explained | Learn Digital Publishing Suite: Enterprise Editio...

And we modified the 2nd code (from the 3 available below) to implement entitlement for Drupal's users database:

1. Direct entitlement starter kit (Updated) | Adobe Developer Connection

2. Your Direct Entitlement Service | Adobe Developer Connection

3. How to install the DPS Entitlement Server | Adobe Developer Connection

Also the verifyEntitlement call is no longer in use in v2, so you can omit it.

And we assigned product IDs in the code as simple as the static list:

$productIds = array("net.healthplexus.jccc.0506", "net.healthplexus.jccc.0505", "net.healthplexus.jccc.0504", "net.healthplexus.jccc.0503", "net.healthplexus.jccc.0502", "net.healthplexus.jccc.0501");

I can attach our stripped down implementation (with removed integrator and application classes and verifyEntitlement call) and Postman collection export if anyone is interested, please let me know.

Employee

@Bill - The article about setting up an entitlement service using sample code is now live:

Set up an entitlement service for AEM Mobile apps

Mike Yang modified the DPS Classic code to work for AEM Mobile. The article includes instructions for modifying and uploading files to your server so that you can create users, groups, and products to enable entitlement.

entitlement_server.png

We're still working on incorporating custom authentication (such as Facebook and Google) into the sample entitlement code.

Let us know if you have questions.

-Bob

Level 3

Bob Bringhurst - Adobe​ : Thanks so much!  This worked great and on the first try. We now have our entitlement service up and running thanks to this response and it's working great incorporated in our app.  Please pass along my thanks to Mike Yang and any others that helped out! Great article!