Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

How to update multiple articles at once?

Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have about 400 articles in my DPS 2015 App that need to be updated regularly.

The Indesign sources are being updated by colleagues.

Currently I update the DPS-2015 articles individually: I open Indesign, I export the .article file, I open the portal, I'm looking for the related article, I mark it, I choose "Replace content", I choose "update content", I search for the previously written .article file and refer them, I click "Finish", I wait until "in progress" disappears, I publish the content.

This may be acceptable for individual articles. For many items that need to be updated frequently, it is very time consuming and tedious.

Are there perhaps faster ways?

Thank you

Hans

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

There aren't any faster ways to manually upload InDesign-based article files at this time. I know that the team is working on several improvements in this area, including a sidecar-based approach that would improve your workflow, but I don't have more specific information yet.

You might want to check out this article for possible API and scripting approaches: Digital Publishing Solution Help | Integrating with Adobe Digital Publishing Solution

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

There aren't any faster ways to manually upload InDesign-based article files at this time. I know that the team is working on several improvements in this area, including a sidecar-based approach that would improve your workflow, but I don't have more specific information yet.

You might want to check out this article for possible API and scripting approaches: Digital Publishing Solution Help | Integrating with Adobe Digital Publishing Solution

Employee

You should be looking at the Content Producer APIs to solve this problem. You are describing a very common workflow which should be automated instead of being performed as a manual process. The DPS dashboard isn't really set up to automate these sorts of tasks, even the improvements under way aren't going to solve the use case of updating several hundred pieces of article content in a streamlined fashion.

I guess one question is; Why isn't the content being updated in DPS by your colleagues? You can give them permission to update content without being able to publish the content to the app.