Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

How do i change the look and feel of android and iOS app in DPS 2015?

Level 1

How do i change the look and feel of android and iOS app in DPS 2015? Shouldn't i have an option to upload a zip with my html/css/js/images  assets?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

The look & feel for the app is handled through Cards & Layouts -- and those are not segregated by platform.

The look and feel of an article is handled either through the HTML that you package for upload, or through pixel-perfect design from InDesign -- but these are not segregated by platform.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 6

The look & feel for the app is handled through Cards & Layouts -- and those are not segregated by platform.

The look and feel of an article is handled either through the HTML that you package for upload, or through pixel-perfect design from InDesign -- but these are not segregated by platform.

Level 1

So in DPS 2015 this: DPS Configurator

is deprecated/useless.

Right?

Employee Advisor

The DPS configurator is for creating custom storefronts and libraries for use in DPS classic. Cards and Layouts in DPS 2015 offers similar flexibility with a lot of additional options for displaying articles and collections.

Level 1

Nice, last question:
What if i need to have a custom login/sign up form, how do i manage that? Through cards and layouts too??

Employee Advisor

You would create and host your login/sign-up form outside of the application and then link to it using a banner card.

Employee

One clarification: you can't actually pass a login back from an HTML page back into the viewer. Right now in DPS2015 the only way you can offer entitlement sign in is via our provided sign in dialog. We do hope to offer more options to customize the sign in experience in the future.

Neil

Level 1

So, to be clear, i have a suscription business model that does not use, Google or Apple suscription system. I need the user to sign up with some specific info.
Can I have an external Sign up form? or can i customize the sign up dialog? It doesn't matter if the user has to login through the provided Sign in dialog.
But, i need the user to suscribe by entering some specific info, through a provided sign up dialog or an external own sign up page. Can i achieve this in DPS 2015?

Employee

They can enter the username and password via our standard sign in dialog to authenticate. If you need to something special for them to register we have a "Create account" link in the dialog that you can point to a website to collect the necessary information to create their account.

Neil