Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Force break line in layout

Level 1

Hi,

Building a layout, is there anyway geeting arround the current layout limitation saying:

I need to place some article below full width banner, but if there enough space for article that are supposed to be below the banner, they jump up.

Right now, I've simply create dummy blank article in my collection, and place some internal keyword to target them.

But it's quite a painful process, as each tim I add a new article, then I need to remove and count my dummy blank article

Thanks for any best practice sharing.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Creating invisible spacer cards will work, but it adds clutter to the project and requires maintenance. The Content Map helps with that maintenance. When "pinning" is enabled, that should solve the problem. Until we have pinning, I'm afraid using dummy spacer cards is the only workaround for this approach.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

Try adding another (invisible) fullwidth-banner underneath your full-width-banner. The filling won't happen "over two contents".

Employee

Can you make the first banner full width? Even if you don't want the text or image to span the full width, you can usually increase the margins on one side. If you can add larger margins instead of spacer banners, layout design is easier to control.

Level 2

Hi Bob,

In fact, my first banner on the page is full width.

My description might be not clear, so let's use picture

In the following example, here is what I try to achieve.

Currently, article 3 jump over the Divider banner. So to resolve that I create a fake banner, invisible.

It works, but then If i update my main collection with let's say 2 new article I'll have to add a additional invisible banner, which is painful to maintain.

I spoke with other colleagues editing in AEM, and they found the same fix. Any idea? or let's put that into a wish list...

What  want to achieve example.png

Correct answer by
Employee

Creating invisible spacer cards will work, but it adds clutter to the project and requires maintenance. The Content Map helps with that maintenance. When "pinning" is enabled, that should solve the problem. Until we have pinning, I'm afraid using dummy spacer cards is the only workaround for this approach.

Level 2

Thanks Bob, at least I know that there is some hope ith this upcoming "pinning" feature, let's see what come out after Adobe Summit