Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

DPS - How to add an intro page for the app

Former Community Member

Hello,

I saw some apps like from Qantas Magazine, Fast Company, etc.

When the app is opened, the first thing that I'll see is the company logo with a background as an intro page before the page layout is revealed.

How do I add that first page for my app?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Android doesn't support a splash screen, and didn't in the previous Digital Publishing Suite product either. The app loads so quickly (less than 2 seconds, faster than most apps in the app store!) there's no need for the splash screen. We believe it's better for your readers to see your actual content than sit around staring at a screen that doesn't do anything

iOS and Windows have splash screens because it's a requirement from the OS.

Neil

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Employee Advisor

I'm guessing you are talking about the splash screen. These can be added in the Apps section of the dashboard, in the 'Assets' tab.

Screen Shot 2015-09-29 at 09.06.42.png

Former Community Member

Does the splash screen only apply for iphone / ipad apps?

The assets for an Android app version only has the App Icon for 192x192.

Thanks.

Employee Advisor

Sorry I didn't realise you were talking about the Android version. Yes that's right the option for splash screens is not there for this platform.

Neil Enns - Adobe mentioned the following a few weeks back:

I will let him comment further on having splash screens for Android as well.

Correct answer by
Employee

Android doesn't support a splash screen, and didn't in the previous Digital Publishing Suite product either. The app loads so quickly (less than 2 seconds, faster than most apps in the app store!) there's no need for the splash screen. We believe it's better for your readers to see your actual content than sit around staring at a screen that doesn't do anything

iOS and Windows have splash screens because it's a requirement from the OS.

Neil

Level 2

This is an excellent option for using in-app messaging. You can set the

trigger to be ‘first launch’ or a collection name/title. Its not a splash

screen, but you have way more control.

In-App Messaging is part of Mobile Services/Marketing Cloud and is not

included with DPS. However, if you purchase it, it works very nicely with

DPS.

Level 3

So Scott - There is no way to have a 'Welcome screen" before the home page appears? 

Employee

We don't support Welcome Screens like we did in Digital Publishing Suite. We rely on the more powerful and flexible in-app messaging feature from Adobe Analytics to provide that type of interaction.

Neil