Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Digital Publishing for Private Publication

Level 2

I am creating a publication that has limited distribution within a corporation.Do I still need to go through Apple Store for approvals, etc? Also I will be creating if for Moblie devices, both iOS and Android, it there a way to view it on the web?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Tom,

You don't have to go through Apple's approval process if you are doing internal corporate distribution. You can get an enterprise account with them instead.

We do not currently have a web viewer available with DPS 2015, but we are working on it. What is the scenario you want to use the web viewer for?

Thanks!

Neil

View solution in original post

15 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Tom,

You don't have to go through Apple's approval process if you are doing internal corporate distribution. You can get an enterprise account with them instead.

We do not currently have a web viewer available with DPS 2015, but we are working on it. What is the scenario you want to use the web viewer for?

Thanks!

Neil

Level 2

It is a large publication for a university and they don't really know exactly how they will use it but they will want to give it out - I just want to provide them with all the options. I assume it is iOS and Android for mobile but not Kindle Fire, correct?

Level 2

Any other devices I am missing here?

Level 2

Now I am confused, Windows 8/1/10 as in desktop app?

Employee

We support Windows Store apps on Windows 8.1 and 10. If you have a Windows tablet, laptop, or desktop running those operating systems you can build a native DPS app and submit to the store.

Neil

Level 6

And the experience is terrific with touch or keyboard/mouse.

Level 2

So, just so I get this right for the client proposal, we can publish for iOS and Android Mobile devices (or do I mean Tablets as I can't imagine reading on a phone is very easy), and Windows Store apps on Windows 8.1 and 10. Not supported are Kindle Fire and Mac OS desktop, correct? Did I miss any device?

Level 6

I speak the truth. Now...about getting them universal for phones at well?

Employee

Almost. We do not support Windows Phones. The distinction is important.

Neil

Level 2

I'm not even mentioning phones as I can't imagine anyone would even try to read a 40,000 word book with 200 photos on a phone!