Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Collection without browse page

Level 2

Hello

The home collection of my app has articles and other collections.

If I'm reading the article and swipe horizontally to read the next content and that one is a collection I see a browse page of that collection, but I set in It's options that this collection should open as "Content View" and not as a browse page.

I tried to hide all content of this second collection, but the result is a blank browse page.

Is there any possibility of not show any kind of browse page when I'm swiping the home collection's content?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

When you're swiping left/right we will always show the browse page for a collection if it's mixed in with articles. A few things you can try:

1) Disable horizontal swipe gestures in your home collection

2) Re-organize your content (perhaps in conjunction with #1 above) so you don't have a mix of articles and collections at the same level where someone might swipe left/right

Neil

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

When you're swiping left/right we will always show the browse page for a collection if it's mixed in with articles. A few things you can try:

1) Disable horizontal swipe gestures in your home collection

2) Re-organize your content (perhaps in conjunction with #1 above) so you don't have a mix of articles and collections at the same level where someone might swipe left/right

Neil

Level 2

Ok, Neil...

Another question, the app will always show the browse page when I open a collection that is on the menu (inside the collection Default)?

I set the option "open as: Content view" but I when I open it, I see the browse page..

Thank you

Employee

That sounds like a bug. Which viewer were you using, iOS, Android, or Windows? Selecting a collection from the menu should respect the Open To setting.

Neil

Level 2

Both iOS and Android apps behave the way I told you before.

Employee

Hmm, interesting. Ok, thanks. I’m discussing with some people, it’s kinda complicated. If we make it respect openTo then it doesn’t match what happens when you swipe left/right, which could be confusing.

Neil

Level 2

Hey Neil, do you have any news about it?

Thanks

Employee

It's working the way it should, I misspoke earlier.

Neil

Employee

Right, this is somewhat confusing, but it's working as designed. If a collection is set to "Content View" and is also added to the TLC (top-level collection), it opens to the first article (in Content View) if you launch the collection from another browse page, but it opens to Browse Page if you open it from the app menu or swipe to it from the top level.

Level 2

Hey Bob, I got it.

Thank you for your answer.