Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Collection background image uploading, not loading on test app

Level 1

I have my top level collection of my test app with a working background image. I am trying to add a background image to another collection in my app, and it will save, upload and publish - however even having done the update each time, the background still stays white. Going back into the collection settings, the background image I made is uploaded and appears correctly but is absent from the app.

I tried uploading an image with the size necessary for the iPhone, I tried uploading one with the 2048 dimensions, and I tried uploading the image I used for my first background at top level which is still working - but none have appeared on my app.

Is there a bug in the system for this? Is there another way of working the background image that I am not aware of or has been updated in Digital Publishing Suite?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Did you enable showing the background image in the layout you're using for that collection?

Neil

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Did you enable showing the background image in the layout you're using for that collection?

Neil

Level 1

Where would I see an option to enable background image for a specific collection? I only see a way to upload it

Level 1

I found the option in grids and layouts - I wish there was a way of indicating what you have checked on the page when you upload an image so you can visualize the collection more easily

Employee

Yep, agreed. That's something we're considering doing!

Neil