Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Card that calls the subscription feature within iOS

Level 5

A simple, but definite request. Highly urgent, and justifiable... can someone give me a clear reason why this doesn't exist, and if this is on the roadmap for the next drop?

Thanks all.

David

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Sharing information I posted on another thread re: banners that also relates here ...

Exploration areas include an HTML Card enabling full customization and API access and a way to invoke the purchase flow. These items do not yet have delivery targets but are under consideration.

Kristy

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Employee

A specific subscription banner is not on the roadmap for the next drop and is not a priority at this time.

We are currently working on features that will enable our customers to extend the capabilities of their content through a set of extensibility APIs. This is a fairly large effort and one that will evolve over time. We plan to release the initial set in Q1, and follow up with additional APIS, plus features to extend banner capabilities (e.g. “HTML cards”). I believe that with these APIs and extending content capabilities we’ll provide our customers more options for engaging their end-users.

Level 5

Hi Nathan, thanks for your response.

We're looking for two things:

• banner / card that envokes the iTunes subscription dialog between the customer and the app

• banner / card that envokes the third-party entitlement sign-in.

Both these are vital for consumer publishers, and I am absolutely *amazed* it's not something you see as a priority at this stage.

Customer journey to purchase and subscription sign-in user experience is no.1 on so many publishers' lists.

Thanks

David

Correct answer by
Employee

Sharing information I posted on another thread re: banners that also relates here ...

Exploration areas include an HTML Card enabling full customization and API access and a way to invoke the purchase flow. These items do not yet have delivery targets but are under consideration.

Kristy

Level 1

I'm looking for this feature too. It's essential need and common ask from many of our clients.

It doesn't even need to be a card. Just give us a navto: or goto: link and we can create accordingly.

Level 3

Agree with Chris and David.  It still surprises me on this issue.  As Adobe advertises AEM Mobile as the benchmark enterprise solution, there are many items missing that were available for the last 3 years with DPS.  It has been made clear that DPS is ending and developing in it is a dead end street.  We need these ASAP.  Hiding the 'Sign-in" function is a serious problem for users.  That, and the ability to make a subscription purchase needs to be upfront in the Browse page

Level 2

I strongly second Mr. Fritch's sentiment!