Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Card design

Level 2

I'm working on the card design and have a few questions:

First, it's doubling up my metadata. So it shows both the title and article twice in each card. Can't figure out why.

Also, I know the Fast Company app was built using DPS(2015). And I'm sure they have fancy-schmancy technical people. But how did they get the vertical transitions on cards so nice? (Like with the triangular bottom and scrolling?) And how do you get the "highlighting" on the title?

And a more random question, did I miss how to make this a landscape instead of portrait app, if so desired?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The doubling of metadata is a known bug that the dev team is working on resolving.

The Fast Company is actually a proof-of-concept application, and it was not built using DPS(2015). For title highlighting experiment with background fill behind text.

For orientation, when you create a new app there are two drop down controls that allow you to set the orientation of the app for Tablet and Phone. This is in the "General" tab of the "Apps" view.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

The doubling of metadata is a known bug that the dev team is working on resolving.

The Fast Company is actually a proof-of-concept application, and it was not built using DPS(2015). For title highlighting experiment with background fill behind text.

For orientation, when you create a new app there are two drop down controls that allow you to set the orientation of the app for Tablet and Phone. This is in the "General" tab of the "Apps" view.

Level 2

Thank you!

I'm finding that if I set the metadata text size, it'll look OK on a tablet, but way too big on a smartphone. Gotta keep toying with that, I guess.

Employee

Hi Larissa,

You'll likely need to create separate layouts for phones and tablets. You can then create separate collections for each device class and assign the layouts to them. For this to work you'll need to select the option to have two top level collections when you create the project.

Neil