Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Can I still use Adobe DPS for my Bachelor-Project?

Level 1

Hi everyone

Because Adobe DPS was a big thing in my apprentice I wanted to build and publish an App with it as my Bachelor-Project in Media-Design. Preparing for this I got kind of confused with AEM as replacement for DPS. I read that AEM is quite expensive and I can't afford more than Adobe CC. So can I still use DPS as learnt in my apprentice or do I need to find a other app building solution? Do you know any good alternatives?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best

db

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 6

To do that would require a full license. You'll have to look into alternatives but you're probably better off looking into Fixed Layout EPUB though reader support right now is fairly limited.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

You are correct - AEM is an enterprise product. Can you please in more detail what you are trying to do.

Level 1

Hi there

Thanks for your answer. I'd like to create a story-app with multimedia content in dps (Using the InD-plugin), then export it and distribute it to the Apple-Apple App Store and Google Play. The App will be free and is a non comercial product.

Do you need more informations? If yes what exactly?

Thanks a lot.

Best

Daniel

Correct answer by
Level 6

To do that would require a full license. You'll have to look into alternatives but you're probably better off looking into Fixed Layout EPUB though reader support right now is fairly limited.

Employee Advisor

Daniel - Bob is correct below. We no longer offer DPS as part of Adobe Creative Cloud. You should look into InDesign Publish Online as a simple method for creating interactive content that can be shared without the friction of requiring users to download an app. There are other solutions in the marketplace as well that may be a fit.