Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Article 'linking' from InDesign

Level 3

One important issue has come up with managing Article content.  In the process of building App content, there are sometimes dozens or hundreds of revisions to the InDesign document.  With the legacy DPS these updates were easy simply "update" and the content that was edited in InDesign was now in the folio.  With having to load each .article, everything there is a design revision, the time required to manage these change is a very serious issue.  Are there plans to somehow link the InDesign page with DPS 2015?

Grant Fritch

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Grant,

Yes, we're hoping to streamline this for the "designer at a desk" scenario. During that iterative design phase we want to make it easier to proof your work on the device without having to go through the upload process each time. It's a top priority for my team to deal with, although we have other higher top priority things to address first.

Neil

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Grant,

Yes, we're hoping to streamline this for the "designer at a desk" scenario. During that iterative design phase we want to make it easier to proof your work on the device without having to go through the upload process each time. It's a top priority for my team to deal with, although we have other higher top priority things to address first.

Neil

Level 5

Sometimes changes come in after the content is reviewed and approved. Things that are out of our control like clients making last minute changes, new information comes in, the list of causes is endless. It happens every day to everyone producing every type of content.

Updating from inDesign would be an ideal way to get the updates quickly onto the Dashboard and then onto the app.

Which is what everyone that used DPS from the start is able to do today and are used to doing on DPS classic with the Folio Builder palette.

Any plans to bring that back? DPS Dashboard palette? I bet you'd get a crowd cheer if you do...

Employee

Hi Rafi,

We are looking at other ways to streamline updates, however I doubt we’ll ever bring back a palette inside InDesign for the work. We understand the scenario though and it’s something we talk about often for future improvements.

Neil