Your achievements

Level 1

0% to

Level 2

Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

View all

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

Product unable to be changed from "Free" to "Restricted"

scottl73621287
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a product that was accidentally set to "free" instead of "restricted." When I try to change it now, I get an error that reads "Service is temporarily unavailable."

This has been happening for a while now. Changing the product ID for the collection would be prohibitively disruptive to live products.

Can anyone help?

-Scott

1 Accepted Solution
AndrewTop
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

For anyone that is following along, or sees this problem themselves.

We found an message in the logs saying the Collection that the Product was associated with had an invalid layout.  Perhaps the layout's version was updated or something like that - I'm not sure.  That error prevented the Product from being saved.  Assigning the collection another layout, saving, and then assigning the original layout cleared that error and the Product saved properly.

When I have a chance, I'll look into providing a more informative message that helps the user quickly diagnosis the problem themselves.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Darren_Melanson
Employee
Employee

Hi Scott,

We just tried this ourselves and it works fine - which is odd...

Can you reach out to customer care and get this logged so we can take a much closer look?

scottl73621287
Level 1
Level 1

Will do Darren. Worth noting that this is limited to a single product.

AndrewTop
Correct answer by
Level 2
Level 2

For anyone that is following along, or sees this problem themselves.

We found an message in the logs saying the Collection that the Product was associated with had an invalid layout.  Perhaps the layout's version was updated or something like that - I'm not sure.  That error prevented the Product from being saved.  Assigning the collection another layout, saving, and then assigning the original layout cleared that error and the Product saved properly.

When I have a chance, I'll look into providing a more informative message that helps the user quickly diagnosis the problem themselves.

View solution in original post