Expand my Community achievements bar.

Watermark dynamic PDF?

Level 3

Is it possible to watermark dynamic pdf? I tried the watermark function of Assembler Service but got 'PDF document "test.pdf" has dynamic XFA forms and cannot support content operations.' Is there any other way that might bring success?

3 Replies

Level 8

You could place light grey text on a master page or have the user fill in the form and once complete watermark a static PDF document as the result

Level 3

Yes, but the JavaScript needed for that might stop working at the print service that use a non-Adobe software. We have had problems with that in the past were Javaspcript stoped working in large batch prints...

Level 2

BjornEricsson wrote...

Is it possible to watermark dynamic pdf? I tried the watermark function of Assembler Service but got 'PDF document "test.pdf" has dynamic XFA forms and cannot support content operations.' Is there any other way that might bring success?

The message is basically telling you that your PDF is an interactive XFA  document and not a flat PDF document. I don't think Assembler allows you to add watermarks to an XFA interactive document. 

Try flattening the document first by passing it through an Output Service and see if it works. 

Javascripts are not executed for Flat PDFs so you will be fine when you send the document to your Print Service. 

Regards,

Priyank Pardiwala