Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Unable to create Themes in AEM Forms SP 17 without Forms Add on Package

Community Advisor

Hi AEM Forms Community,

I am having the below issue when trying to create an adaptive form without AEM Forms Add On Package.

AEM SP 17 is installed in the local instance.

Issue - When trying to create a theme in AEM Forms, the createthemewizard.js is giving Reference Error.

This happens when I am clicking on the Create Button after configuring Title, Name, Default Preview for this Theme (/libs/fd/af/themes/default) and Description.

Rohan_Garg_0-1686749490352.png

Rohan_Garg_1-1686749576332.png

As you can see formRef property is set at "/libs/fd/af/themes/default".

Any pointers on resolving this issue?

@Mayank_Gandhi@Pulkit_Jain_@Vijay_Katoch@kautuk_sahni 

Thanks,

Rohan Garg

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Update - It is possible to create Adaptive form without Forms Add On Package but not sure if its worth the effort!

1. Install AEM 6.5.0 Instance (No SP Installation yet)

2. Create a form theme with min details and then create form

3. Install SP version as needed.

However, the workaround still might not work as the Forms Add On Package is needed to leverage the full capability such as REST Endpoint form submission with Email Notification. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

You willl need the forms add on to use adaptive forms from a license perspective 

Community Advisor

That would mean there is no way to create an adaptive form without Forms Add On Package?

Is that correct?

Community Advisor

Yes, You need a working instance of AEM with the Form Add-on package installed on it to create Adaptive forms.

Community Advisor

@Vijay_Katoch - Thanks for the response!

My understanding with respect to AEM forms was as follow - 

The out-of-the box AEM Forms included in AEM Quick start has a limited set of functionality but should still allow creation of Adaptive Forms.

AEM Forms add-on package provides advanced features such as integration with Adobe Analytics, Adobe Sign, document services, workflow engine, and many more.

Source - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-release-information/aem-release-updates/f...

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Update - It is possible to create Adaptive form without Forms Add On Package but not sure if its worth the effort!

1. Install AEM 6.5.0 Instance (No SP Installation yet)

2. Create a form theme with min details and then create form

3. Install SP version as needed.

However, the workaround still might not work as the Forms Add On Package is needed to leverage the full capability such as REST Endpoint form submission with Email Notification.