Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Submitting an Adaptive form to Forms Workflow and generating DOR

Level 4

Hi,

I am working on a solution to submit an adaptive form to a process in workbench. On submission, I want to extract the data from the form and merge it with xdp file to generate a document of record. I want to display the generated pdf aka document of record in a pop up to the user. I am able to submit the form and generate the DOR but I am stuck on the step to pass the DOR back and display it as a pop-up to the user. Could someone please help me with it? I am using AEM on J2EE.

P.S. I also looked at the solution at link - Adobe Experience Manager Help | Using API to generate Document of Record with AEM Forms

But I am not getting how to create the service user since I am not using the OSGi stack. Please help!

Thanks

12 Replies

Employee Advisor

You import the OSGI bundle and use it as is in your code if you wish to

you will have to provide the necessary permissions to the “data” service user to access the repository nodes

Level 4

Thanks. I did import the bundle. But the problem is that I am unable to find the crx explorer index link to navigate to user administration on the server and add the "data" system user. Sorry, I am new to the OSGI side of things.

Employee Advisor

Which port is your AEM server running?

Level 4

I tried, it says Anonymous access not allowed. I am able to access all the other modules apart from this. What do you think could be the reason?

Employee Advisor

If you are able to get the page you then need to login as admin/admin

Employee Advisor

You can also try Creating an AF based on the schema and bind the respective fields, now directly submit the data from Form to JEE workflow by selecting ' submit to forms workflow'.

Level 4

Thanks, yes I was able to do that. How can I pass the generated DOR from the forms workflow back to the user to be rendered in the browser or open as a pop up window.

Employee Advisor

You can use verify and summary component

Employee Advisor

is There any reason that you are having J2EE environment

why not go the OSGI route ?

if you are submitting to workbench process then it is difficult to stream the pdf back