Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

"name and id required" when trying to import application's runtime config

Level 1

I exported the runtime config from my dev AEM Forms 6.5 machine and after deploying the application lca on our test server with exact same configuration, I imported the runtime configuration file, but I get "name and id required" error message on the screen. The following is seen in the app server log:

15:50:32,570 SEVERE [com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.struts.actions.CommandProcessorAction] (default task-84) Application Administration: name and id required: java.lang.RuntimeException: name and id required
at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.struts.actions.SelectApplicationAction.execute(SelectApplicationAction.java:116) [webapp.jar:6.5.0.0.20190329.336802]
at com.adobe.repository.ui.aac.struts.actions.CommandProcessorAction.execute(CommandProcessorAction.java:213) [webapp.jar:6.5.0.0.20190329.336802]
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor661.invoke(Unknown Source) [:1.8.0_232]
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) [rt.jar:1.8.0_232]
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498) [rt.jar:1.8.0_232]
at ognl.OgnlRuntime.invokeMethod(OgnlRuntime.java:899) [ognl-3.1.15.jar:]
at ognl.OgnlRuntime.callAppropriateMethod(OgnlRuntime.java:1544) [ognl-3.1.15.jar:]
at ognl.ObjectMethodAccessor.callMethod(ObjectMethodAccessor.java:68) [ognl-3.1.15.jar:]

The exported runtime config xml file contents matches the deployed application. Why is this happening?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

This is a known problem and I think has been resolved from 6.5.3 onwards. I tested it in 6.5.5 and could not replicate it. You may want to update your AEM Forms installation.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Employee Advisor

Please share the steps sequence, I will test on my local instance and confirm. Also, is this happening with all the LCA or just one?

Thanks,

Mayank

Level 1
Hi All - I'm also facing same issue while export and import runtime config file; My application version is Version 6.5.0, GM. This is happening for ALL LCA. Could you please suggest me?

Employee Advisor

Based on my internal check you should apply latest CFP on 6.5 and test the issue. It seem to be already addressed on the latest CFP.

Correct answer by
Employee

This is a known problem and I think has been resolved from 6.5.3 onwards. I tested it in 6.5.5 and could not replicate it. You may want to update your AEM Forms installation.