Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Production issue: Disable synchronization of the workflow files

Level 7

Hello,

We have AEM Forms JEE with Websphere in production.

From AEM OSGI (/lc/aem/start.html), we navigated to "Forms and Documents"

We click the "Fetch workflow files".

This has started the process of synchronizing JEE repository assets into the CRX.  

Websphere is crashing after 5 minutes or so as it's processing this request.

Is it possible to disable this sychronization? or stop it?

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@crich2784 

I see that the ticket is already resolved or are there any further questions for us? 

We can connect over a quick call to discuss the issue over the same ticket.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

@crich2784 

Synchronizing JEE workflows with CRX is usually a one time activity (and need not be performed frequently) so later you can initiate the same, in case of any major changes in the workflows. I don't think we can stop the process, there is no option on the console but to stop the WAS.

Just wondering, why would the server crash due to this synchronization operation. Could you please share any specific error msgs just before the WAS crash?

Level 7

The ticket number is  E-000444225.  There are some attachments there for review.

Wesphere was dumping core and I don't recall any good messages in SystemOut.  Need to see if we saved SystemErr.log.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

@crich2784 

I see that the ticket is already resolved or are there any further questions for us? 

We can connect over a quick call to discuss the issue over the same ticket.

Employee Advisor

@crich2784 If you disable the sync your jee and OSGi will not be in sync and you will face issue in deploying LCA, HTML WS, or even XDP render. If app server is crashing it will be better to deep dive and capture the debug logs and thread dump to analyse further. Also, on side note check the number of assets in JEE db as the sync brings the JEE application assets to osgi.

Level 7

@Mayank_Gandhi @Pulkit_Jain_ 

I meant to reply to you with the "solution".  We were able to disable the synchronization by going to configMgr and opening "FormsManager AddOn Configuration".

There is a checkbox for "Asychronously Sync Resources".  Uncheck it.

Upon server startup, the default is to start this process 3 minutes after startup.  We had to catch the server before this ran and stop the service.  We unchecked the box, saved and restarted.  Sycnhronization was stopped and Websphere stopped crashing.

We do not know the root cause but, this satisfied our issue and we closed the case.  We are moving off the JEE version of AEM.