Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Override Adaptive Form DropDownList component

Level 2

Hey yall,

I'm trying to override the GuideDropdown component to be able to populate the option values dynamically in the backing bean. The values get populated and the drop down renders fine but the form will not submit anymore and the following error is in the console. Any ideas how to resolve this?

guideRuntime.js:26192 TypeError: Cannot read property 'priority' of undefined

at child.getAttribute (guideRuntime.js:26698)

at child._addProperty (guideRuntime.js:30187)

at child.<anonymous> (guideRuntime.js:30156)

I pretty much just copied and pasted the /libs/fd/af/components/guidedropdownlist component and changed any references to GuideDropDownList.java to my own custom java class, which also extends GuideField.java. In the end I'd want the form to be able to submit and store the value within crx or a connected DB.

Ideally I'd like to do this in HTL and sling models instead of jsp but it seems the OOB adaptive form submit functionality will only store data from adaptive form components?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Instead, you can use SOAP-based Form data model and create its service. Use this service in adaptive form to load the dynamic drop-down list. I have shared details on similar use-case in old forum post:

AEM 6.3 Forms - How can I populate a dropdownlist from database?

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi,

What version of AEM forms are you using?

Employee Advisor

And how is the dropdown list being fetched, is it a WS call or from DB?

Level 2

From a soap WS call but currently I'm just passing a list of objects hard coded atm to the dropdown.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Instead, you can use SOAP-based Form data model and create its service. Use this service in adaptive form to load the dynamic drop-down list. I have shared details on similar use-case in old forum post:

AEM 6.3 Forms - How can I populate a dropdownlist from database?