Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

How to start evaluating AEM Forms

Level 1

Dear AEM forum,

Our organization is trying to evaluate the feasibility of using "AEM Forms" as our development tool for an internal project. Is there any way that I can do to minimize the cost of evaluation? For example, is there any "developer version" of AEM Forms that we can somehow download for a trial?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Michael

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

As a forms portal AEM Forms is a great alternative.  I see you're with ANZ.  I'll forward your contact address to the appropriate person and they can send you a trial as appropriate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 8

Many times there is confusion when referring to AEM Forms, do you mean the form designer or the server product?  If you're referring to the server product there isn't a charge for trials but I likely makes sense to have a conversation first to ensure it's the right fit for your needs

Level 1

Hi Steve,

If the form designer is closely coupled with the server product then both are what we want to evaluate. Our management is basically impressed with its easy-to-use (drag&drop) capabilities. We (Tech) are considering building an internal application platform (Portal) that enables our business users (Biz) to build there own apps (MIS-grade applications) easily (as easy as drag&drop).

Our management is trying to evaluate whether AEM, together with AEM Forms, is capable of being the backbone of such a portal.

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

Michael

Level 1

Hi Steve,

Just to add on my previous points:

We in fact are evaluating the feasibility at transforming our legacy Sharepoint-based applications to AEM and our main focus is on how low the cost of switching is.

If you have any guide targeted at this specific topic, that would be very helpful.

Michael

Level 1

Hi Steve,

One more thing:) what is the easiest means of communication from China?

Michael

Correct answer by
Level 8

As a forms portal AEM Forms is a great alternative.  I see you're with ANZ.  I'll forward your contact address to the appropriate person and they can send you a trial as appropriate.

Level 1

Hi Steve,

I have got one email from dli@adobe.com and I have sent out my phone numbers but never got any reply from then. As I have difficulties sending out external emails. I'd very much appreciate that you can give me a phone number that I can call and talk, either based in AU or CN. Please help. Thanks!

Michael