Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Getting authorization error when calling a secured webservice from AEM Workbench.

Level 1

I am  trying to call a secured Webservice from AEM Workbench. While loading the Webservice we are providing the WSDL url and user name and password in the specified fields. While loading the webservice we are getting 401 unauthorized error.

Error message :  Error in loading WSDL:java.io.IOException. Server returned HTTP response code: 401 for URL.

The UnSecured webservices are working with workbench. I was able to call the unsecured webservices. only secured webservice is giving the error while loading the webservice.

Please help me on this one.

5 Replies

Level 10

Try using Apache CFX to create Java proxy classes to invoke the 3rd party WebService, IN your Java code - put the authentication information that is required to successfully invoke the WS. Once you have the logic - then use the Java to create a custom service and then use that custom service in a step in workbench. Building a cusom service that you use in workbench is the best way here. 

Level 1

Thanks for your reply. do you have any links or example to create the java service?

Employee Advisor

I have used SAAJ in the past to solve these kind of issues. It is fairly straight forward 

Level 1

Thanks for your replay. What is SAAJ? and do you have any example or link to follow?